If Aadhaar is not linked to your PAN card, your PAN card will become inactive from April 1. If your PAN is not linked with Aadhaar, link it immediately. The Central Government and the Income Tax Department have repeatedly issued notices in this regard.
PAN Card is an important document for financial transactions. Some financial activities are impossible to do without PAN card. PAN card is mandatory especially for IT return filing and any work related to income tax.
How to know if your Aadhaar is linked with PAN?
- For this first you need to go to Income Tax Department website (www.income tax.gov.in) or this direct link (https://eportal.incometax.gov.in/iec/foservices/#/pre-login/link-aadhaar-status ) can be visited.
- Now in the Quick Link section, click on Link Aadhaar Status.
- After this you need to enter 10 digit PAN number and 12 digit Aadhaar number.
- Now click on View Aadhaar Link Status.
- If your Aadhaar is linked, you don’t need to link it, but if you don’t have a link, you need to link it.
Check Ur Adhar Card PAN Card Link Status